Practicing good manners teaches responsibility, and leads to respect. When people are polite, they feel good about themselves and others. When parents see their children behaving in a polite manner, they feel pride. When students are courteous to classmates, educators feel joy and a sense of accomplishment. Furthermore, people listen and respect those who behave in a polite manner.
Because we all appreciate good manners in our personal, professional, and daily lives, we should teach children to behave in a polite manner too.
Here is a list of 8 important manners every child should know:
1. Provide Eye Contact - It's polite to look at someone when they are talking to you.
2. Practice Good Table Manners -
- Do not slurp
- Eat with your mouth closed
- Place your napkin on your lap
- Wipe your mouth with a napkin if needed
- Take small bites
- Sit properly
- Wait to eat until everyone has been seated
- Use indoor voices and a polite tone when speaking
4. Make a Good First Impression - Introduce yourself in a friendly and polite manner, and practice good self-care including taking pride in your appearance.
5. Respect the Personal Space of Others - Keep your hands and feet to yourself, and provide appropriate personal space.
6. Practice Cleanliness - It's fun to play with toys, work on projects, or play games, but always make sure to clean up after yourself when you are done. If playing with belongings that don't being to you, or if you are visiting someone's house, clean up messes made.
7. Practice Good Hygiene - This includes covering your mouth if you cough, using a tissue to wipe your nose (not a finger), brushing your teeth and hair, bathing, and wearing clean clothes.
8. Be a Considerate Communicator - Your tone of voice should be friendly and not loud, and you should wait your turn to speak. Show consideration to others by being kind and not calling names. You should always use appropriate language and use words like please, thank you, and excuse me.
In addition to the above ways to teach good manners, you may enjoy further activities, printables, posters, and awards, found in my Good Manners Packet and Cleanliness Packet.
What is your favorite way to show good manners?
Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many.ReplyDelete
Dissertation Assistance Services
Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks baby seatReplyDelete
This is an excellent blog post! I appreciate the thoroughness with which you have covered the important manners that every child should know. ipvanish sale I am sure this advice will be extremely useful for parents and children alike. Thank you for taking the time to write this informative post!ReplyDelete
This is an excellent blog post!ReplyDelete
No matter where you are, every woman in the world always gives supreme attention to her looks and wants to make Black Mens Bike Racer Leather Jacket sure that she has the clothing items in accordance with the latest fashion....ReplyDelete